Villenke
14 November 2006
  Home with Baby
So I have now been off work for over a week. It is so nice. I have barely even contemplated the idea of work or all that it entails. Considering that I do not have to go back until...well, my birthday I am pretty happy. The last time I had three weeks off Kate and I spent that time in Europe. Sure that was also great, but I was not quite so unhappy with work at that time and I did not have a new baby to hang out with.

So I have been thinking about things to get Kate for Christmas...and while I have a list of ideas I also have been thinking about maybe something grand. I am not sure which way to go.

I have also been thinking that since I have so much time at home I could do some reading. Any suggestions from those of you out there?

I hope that now that I have picked up all of the leaves and there are no more on the trees that I am done for the season.

I think that my Mom is going to come up for Thanksgiving and we will celebrate at Kate's Mom's house. When my Mom comes up over the holiday she will get 4 days to hang out with Charlotte.

I have also been reading a lot of wikipedia. Kate doesn't like it because it is editable by anyone, while I love it because there really has never been more info so readily available.
 
Comments:
I think Wikipedia is a great first reference. It is easy and usually has at least basic information about whatever I type in. However, I don't consider it an actual encyclopedia (with all the fact checking that implies). I think the key is in knowing it for what it is.

Also, what kind of books do you enjoy? Sci-fi/fantasy, fiction, mysteries? I bet Anne would be able to suggest at least 15 (billion) books in each category :)
 
I agree... Wikipedia is awesome. Though you can't count on 100% accuracy the same can be said for a print encyclopedia. For many subjects it is an excellent resource.

Books - it does, of course, depend on what you like to read. If you're up for a great book of logic puzzles I'd recommend "How to Move Mount Fuji". If you want a mind bender that covers string theory and more I'd recommend "The Elegant Universe" by Brian Greene. If you want SciFi I'd recommend the Honor Harrington series by David Weber. Of course there are more... let us know what kind of thing you're interested in.

Glad to hear things are good around the house, I hope to see you guys soon. Are you accepting visitors to see the baby?
 
I am just looking for someone to tell me a book that the recently read that they really liked. I am stuck re-reading (good) books but would like a new adventure.

As for visitors, yes, but please call ahead so we can tell you if we are having a good day or not...or if we will be home.

[why is my word verification "qvqzuajq"? why can't I catch a break with these things?]
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Nothing short of ordinary

My Photo
Name:
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan




ARCHIVES
November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger