Villenke
14 August 2006
  Saved! (?)
So I spent last week in Torrance, CA. It was amazingly different than Moreno Valley, CA. I consider them both LA but they really are about 85miles apart. The difference between the two could not be more apparent. Torrance is near the ocean and keeps a near constant 85F while Moreno Valley is nearly in the desert and stays nearly 110F.

It would have been much nicer had the job gone a lot better. First, the parts that were supposed to be on-site the Friday before were not there on Monday (they would eventually show up on Wednesday). Second, the special code that development was to write for me was not complete on Monday when I got there. Third, because the parts were not there we could not apply power to the system so we really could not do any serious work. Tuesday afternoon, I got some of my "spare" parts that allowed me to apply power. Then I realized how not ready the code from development was. I spent nearly 400 minutes on the phone over the next three days getting the code to a place where I could leave.

So what happened today. I got a call at 2pm saying that everything was no longer working and that they could not get it going again. So As you can imagine after spending that much time on the phone I was not really confident that when I got back out there I would be able to make it any better. I suggested that the "master" developer go with me. Instead, his manager suggested that instead of me and the master we send out one of his development guys. This is music to my ears. Since I began the phone calls last week I was thinking that one of their guys should be out there trying to get their questionable code working...in addition to realizing how not ready it is. Now instead of me paying the price it looks like they will.

We will see what happens tomorrow. If he somehow cannot go then I guess I will be back on the hook and not saved.

Wish me luck.
 
Comments:
Here's hoping you stay saved.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Nothing short of ordinary

My Photo
Name:
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan




ARCHIVES
November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger