Villenke
09 April 2006
  One Week
I have a history of losing my jacket.

Last night was the 3rd annual Siciliano's Homebrew party. Even in Kat's delicate condition she decided to go, which is quite amazing considering that it is a party that celebrates beer (she cannot drink) and generally has a lot of smoking (both cigarettes and cigars - which we both hate). The nice thing is that once she gets out and starts doing something the sickness generally disappears.

Chip came, barely, and we met some other guys that we have brewed with before. I say that Chip barely came because this party is a sellout every year and in typical Chip fashion he only called Steve (the owner and operator of Siciliano's) Friday and asked if there was any chance that we could get a spot. Now, Steve has known Chip for years and is quite aware of Chip and how he is. I suspect that Steve holds 1 ticket for Chip every year knowing that he will do this.

This year was the 1st annual homebrew competition...which I failed to enter. My failure to enter turned out to be my biggest mistake. After sharing my Germen Wheat with Steve he concluded that mine could easily have been in the top 2 and quite possibly the winner. I confirmed this when I tasted the winner's beer. Too bad for me but you cannot win if you do not compete.

Well, the other guys that we sat with won the IPA catagory and then ended up winning the Best In Show. For the rest of the evening we hung out with the Siciliano's Cup and drank from it. Even not being the winner it was something to stand with the trophy and drink from it. Reflected greatness is better than no greatness at all.

Kate left early and then Chip and I stayed and partied on. There was even one interesting moment when two guys got in a shoving match and that was definetly a first for the homebrew party. Homebrewers are not generally the types to get upset. Hey, the slogan for homebrewers is, "Relax, have a homebrew." When the evening was over Chip drove me home with the door prizes we had accumulated and the remainderes of the beer we brought.

When I got home I realized that I had forgotten my jacket. This same thing happened the last time I was alone with Chip (see Catchup).

So...

I have a history of losing my jacket.
 
Comments:
You'll have to enter next year... let the glory reflect on others, you should get the direct light. Oh, and don't forget your jacket next year!
 
I could really go for a homebrew. I'd gladly trade you a jacket for a couple of your brews.
 
As I have recovered that jacket in question I propose (but not on one knee) that I simply gift you some homebrew. We can either entrust it to the USPS or you can come up here and get it. Third option is to use a delivery boy (Kzoojason?).
 
You tempt me, sir. I have been wracking my brain since I read your message to come up with the most efficient and effective way to obtain some of the homebrew. My parents are flying down in May, but it is unlikey that they would want to play beer courier for me, even if they could do so successfully given the state of airport security. (By the way, having said "airport security" I've gained you another reader -- the Department of Homeland Security.) Susan and I may be returning to Michigan in December, so we could imbibe then, and possibly return with some brew. I'm not sure if Jason's planning a visit soon, although I suppose he'd have the same problem with the TSA as my folks. USPS seems expensive and unlikely to treat the precious liquid very kindly. I'll keeping thinking about it.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Nothing short of ordinary

My Photo
Name:
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan




ARCHIVES
November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger