Villenke
16 March 2006
  Remote Blogging
This is a first for the Villenke blog...we are coming to you live from a remote location.

Today's post comes to you from Mezze Cafe & Cabaret as we wait for the weekly belly dancing. I must agree with Kzoo J-dawgs long ago post of truly enjoying the idea of being out on the town, immersed in the local culture and feeling like I am not some old codger. I've got my glass of Edmund Fitzgerald, my Harry Potter un der Gefangene von Askaban, and my fake Apple computer and I'm listening to some live acoustic guitar.

There are some couples out on dates, there are some friends meeting for a drink, there are people bellied up to the bar, there are some friends of the guitar player, and there is me.

Here at Mezze we have caberet seating...which means that they will seat strangers at the same table. If you have ever been to Europe this is the norm and not the exception. Every time I come here, since I am alone, they warn me that they may seat others with me and I must assure them that it is quite OK with me.

Next week Kate's mother and step father are supposed to come and watch the belly dancing. The following week, which may be the last if the contract is not renewed, a bunch of people from Kate's fraternal side are supposed to come. That should be a great time and if it ends up being the finale then at least it will go out on a high note.

Cheers from Mezze.


PS.
Now down under the Mac(e) XP into OS X you will find my Adsense. I plan on making enough money from this to retire in a 4th world country very uncomfortably.
 
Comments:
I'm jealous that I don't get to see the belly dancing. I hope they renew that contract so I have a chance at seeing Kate dance. That would be cool.
 
Great post! I like the on location reporting; it's got a nice style to it. (And it lets me get out on the town vicariously).
 
Good luck with the AdSense... I've only $100K on it so far. Very disappointing...

Incidentally I'm planning on making it for the Mezze performance on the 30th.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Nothing short of ordinary

My Photo
Name:
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan




ARCHIVES
November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger