Villenke
10 March 2006
  More Flight Woes
I was out of town a few days this week. I had to go down to Scotsville, KY for Dollar General and the new conveyor line I work with. The work went very well and we were all set to come home Thursday. We boarded the plane to come home at 8am in Nashville. After closing the door and pushing off from the gate we got word that we had a mechanical. This turns out to be the hydraulic pump for one of the engines. This apparently is not an item that they stock in Nashville so we had to wait for a replacement.

I could make this very long. Needless to say they said that we would leave at 11:30. After that time passed we got no further updates. I attempted to rebook on other flights but everything out of Nashville was booked. So I finally get back on my fixed plane at 3:30pm....7 hours later.

When we get out onto to runway the wind has kicked up and they will not take off until the crosswinds get under specified levels. Then when we get to Detroit we have to wait 10 minutes before someone can get the jetway to the plane. Naturally, to make my connection I had to go all the way across the terminal. Then I am not actually booked on my connection, which I was assured that I was. Finally, my luck broke and I was able to get the last seat, due to someone else's bad luck - dentained in customes coming back from Nasau, and made it into GR at 8pm.

The worst part was that I was too tired to make it to Kate's weekly belly dancing.
 
Comments:
Sounds grueling. I love to travel. Just the whole thing. There's just something about the process that I enjoy. But a day like that really takes the shine off of it, even for me. Fortunately, in my experience those occurences have been few and far between. Anyway, I sympathize with your woes.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Nothing short of ordinary

My Photo
Name:
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan




ARCHIVES
November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger