Villenke
02 February 2006
  Surgerized

Yesterday was the big day. For the first time I went under the proverbial knife. Everything went just fine and I was back home by 6pm.

My surgeon fixed my bunion by cutting a chevron in my big toe and shaving off the lump at my toe knuckle.

After getting registered and checked in they take you into a prep room. Here they do the regular things like taking your temperature and blood pressure. They got me hooked up to an IV and then it was the waiting. The surgeon was running behind so I had to wait an extra 30 mins. The anesthesiologist came in and described what he was going to do and then the surgeon came in and answered all of my wife's questions. Then it was time and they wheeled me into the OR. The drug man hooks me up with the sleepy time drugs and shortly thereafter things begin to fade away. There was no count backwards stuff.

Next I wake up while be wheeled to the recovery room. I am surprisingly aware. The strangest thing was that I was lying there trying to rest and the nurse keeps telling me that I have to remember to breathe. How do you remember to breathe?

The Vicadin has kept me asleep mostly since then and that has been nice. I have been popping two at a time and it has kept the pain quite manageable. Now I have to start eating because the Vicadin is making me nauseous with nothing in my stomach.

This summer my Birckenstocks will fit properly on my feet.

 
Comments:
Good job on the surgery dude, but eeew. Taking hunks out of one body is pretty gross. :) But it will be worth it later. I'm glad it went without complication!
 
I'm glad to hear it went well. I hope the recovery goes quickly. I called to talk with you today but was told that the phone doesn't reach the part of the house that you are currently resting in. Pesky cell reception. So get well soon and all that.
 
Somehow I completely missed this post so I am now replying very late. I'm glad to hear the surgery went well... how are you feeling now?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Nothing short of ordinary

My Photo
Name:
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan




ARCHIVES
November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger