Villenke
11 January 2006
  Reading
I have recently found that I am re-dedicating myself to reading. I know, my previous post said that we are, mostly, Americans and so TV is the art du jour.

I find that in addition to my usual glut of internet news I am quite willing to come home from work and read from 5 to 8. Why stop at 8? Simple. That is when the TV starts. Still American...can't help it.

And it is not 3 hours of more internet. We are talking books, even if I am re-reading, magazines - the ones that I subscribe to but usually only read 10% of, and anything else I find.

Fear not though, I am sure this is simply a phase and I will soon be back to "normal".
 
Comments:
So what are you reading? Anything good? I've recently considered putting myself on a reading program, largely due to the backlog of books that I own, want to read, and yet never make time for. Still, I'm always looking for recommendations of good books.
 
Well, we get Newsweek, Entertainment Weekly, Men's Health, and Pl$%ยง)y. I am re-reading Wolves of the Calla and we borrowed the Dragonriders of Pern from KZoo Jason. I read Angles and Demons before that.

And it really isn't reading but there are lost of captions in the Victoria's Secret catalog.
 
Angels and Demons was quite good as were Dan Brown's other books. The only word of warning I have is that they become fairly predictable... their plots have many similarities.

Personally, I'm in the market for a good coffee shop that I can read in. I like to read at home, usually before bed, but I also greatly enjoy going out somewhere and reading in a semi-public place. I like the activity going on around me. So far I just read at Mancino's over a pizza grinder and pop but when I find the right coffee shop, I'm there.
 
I have found that after the 1st Dragonrider book the series really kinda...stinks.

I also am interested in the reading in public. Sadly this does not happen as often as possible and I do not drink coffee. But grinders and pop...or maybe just beer. Read and drink at Bell's?! That sounds like an excellent and dangerous time.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Nothing short of ordinary

My Photo
Name:
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan




ARCHIVES
November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger