Villenke
15 January 2006
  Postseason Football
I got my football wish yesterday. While there are many reasons that I do not like the Patriots - none of them being that they are so successful - and there really was no team going into the weekend that I particulary was rooting for, I still enjoyed watching the Patriots go down.

I was at my friend's house watching the Indy-Pittsburg game, and he is a big Pittsburg fan, I was secretly rooting for Indy. How can you not love Manning...those Mastercard ads are fantastic. Sadly he must figure out how to win the big games. Elway eventually did so there is hope.

I couldn't care less about the two NFC games. Will it be the Seahawks or the Panthers? The answer is that I do not care.

Appendix:
Reasons to hate the Patriots.
I could go on but it seems a bit petty making a list of why you do not like something.
 
Comments:
On the one hand this expression of Patriot-hate seems a bit like crapping on their funeral. I mean, they lost. On the other hand, I'm sure there are tons of annoying Pats fans out there wailing, "we'll get you next year!" So, I guess it's only fair to express your hate, especially if it's enduring. And it's a pretty well-supported hate, I'll give you props on that. The one thing I totally agree with you on is that Belichick is not a genius. I think the sports media is waaaay to willing to herald coaches as genius or master tacticians.
 
True, but I am not new to Patriot disliking, my list supports that, and I never made any bones about wanting them to lose.

I must say that my dislike of the Yankees is much more based on their success and $$$$$$$ then anything else. If I could buy the best players and win 26 out of 100 championships I would do it also.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Nothing short of ordinary

My Photo
Name:
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan




ARCHIVES
November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger