Villenke
08 January 2006
  Back to Work
So this was the first week back for most of us and even if you only had a single week off that first week back can be a real killer. How can it be that a single set of five days off makes you so reluctant to do what is rather simple for most of the year. I suppose like most things in life after a while even the most painful things can be tolerated. Makes me hope that I really do not have to wait another 32 years (2 more than I have actually live total) to retire.

I was in the laundry room yesterday and lifted the keg of Saucy Winter Ale. That baby is nearly empty. Seems like it was quite a success...even if I think that I drank most of it. So now it is time for another batch...which should mean that the Bock Your Brains Out should be next. That would be perfect, except that 8 April is the annual Siciliano's Brew Party and this year there is an amauter homebrew competition and sadly a bock is not one of the catagories of competition. So I maybe I should make what I have named Hefeweizen IV and a beta release name. I do enjoy a true Bavarian wheat, but many others do not share my passion. But screw them...I come first in beer...or in this case bier.

This coming week makes for the return of first runs of most of the regular prime time TV. Make sure you catch "how i met your mother", "scrubs" (but you could also watch "house"), "lost", and "the o.c." although I will understand if you watch "my name is earl". You should probably actually do something other than watch TV but most of you are Americans.
 
Comments:
True enough. I'm a 'Merican. So I'll be watching the new Lost, House, and, hopefully, HIMYM. Today is actually my first day back. And it's a doozy. It's almost like the first day on a new job. We'll see how it goes. I wish I could be there to drink the interesting beer with ya.
 
I've actually become interested in How I Met Your Mother. It's actually a very funny show. Having watched a few episodes I can now more fully appreciate the Get Psyched mix at New Year's Eve... it just keeps rising.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Nothing short of ordinary

My Photo
Name:
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan




ARCHIVES
November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger