Villenke
04 December 2005
  Saucy Winter Ale and Thanksmas

Previously I had indicated that I was going to brew "Bock Your Brains Out" next, but because of the pending holidays I decided to move another beer ahead. BYBO will still be brewed and if I can find the time during this busy holiday season it will be in the fermentor before Christmas. Most likely though I will brew BYBO over my Christmas holiday.

So what jumped ahead? As the title says it was Saucy Winter Ale. It starts as a regular brown ale and then gets "pimped out" with nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, and dried orange peels. It sure smells like a holiday. OK, it sure smells like a holiday if you know what a beer smells like before it goes into the fermentor. I missed my gravity target again, but this time the target was high enough that the final alcohol yield should be acceptable.

For anyone who doesn't know about Thanksmas it is the only holiday where "you get what you want, as long as you bring it." Truly there is not a finer holiday that mixes the greatness of Thanksgiving (ridiculous amounts of food - not the destruction of an indigenous people) with the friends gathering power of Christmas. Mix in unnecessary amounts of alcohol and you have one heck of a party.


Make sure you watch "how i met your mother" tomorrow night at 8:30 on CBS.

 
Comments:
Good luck with the ale... I'll look forward to trying it at New Years! I have much sadness since I discovered that How I Met Your Mother conflicts with Kitchen Confidential. The desire to see Alysson Hannigan as someone other than Willow is strong and yet, since I missed the first part of the season I think I'll give KC higher priority. Perhaps the InterWeb will come to my rescue with ripped versions of the show so that I can catch up...
 
They should pay me with how much I am trying to get people to watch this show.

I swear...I really do laugh out loud when watching.
 
Haha! So you are going to brew a "holiday spice" beer! Good work. Sorry I won't be around to try it. It's kind of sad, missing Thanksmas. I hope y'all had a good time.
 
I (finally) watched that "How I Met Your Mother" show last night. It was quite funny. It reminded me of the first couple seasons of Two Guys, a Girl and a Pizza Place. (Which I liked - disproportionately so, considering the how that show fared in the ratings). Snappy dialog, a mix of slick geek canon references and juvenile humor, and bizarre behavior by a not unattractive cast. I'll watch HIMYM again, so be sure they send you your finder's fee check.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Nothing short of ordinary

My Photo
Name:
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan




ARCHIVES
November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger