Villenke
18 November 2005
  Great Service
Nothing beats great customer service. One industry that stands out above all others is the airline industry. These guys have been doing such a great job for so long that they are making money hand over fist.

I was flying home today from NY to Grand Rapids and had an intermediate in Cleveland. Now, generally I don't say word one against Cleveland...it is where I am from and made me who I am. But today I got really worked over there. I landed there shortly before noon. The flight was about 10 minutes early so I checked the monitors and there was a flight to GR at 12:30. I was at the new gate before the lady began to board the plane. I asked if there was any way I could get onto this flight. She thought about it for a moment and then said no because I had a check bag and they need 30 minutes to do the transfer. At this point there were 25 minutes to go. I didn't say anything and went off to wait 2 1/2 hours.

When I land in GR my bag did not come off the baggage carousel. I went to report it as lost and the guy behind the counter goes into the back room and brings my bag out. He says that bags often beat passangers.

So my bag was put on the plane without me on the earlier flight. First, I thought that all bags on a plane needed to have a passanger. Second, if this is something that this airline commonly does why didn't the lady know this and put me on the earlier flight? Either way I was pretty pissed walking out of the airport today.

Good thing there is such great customer service in the airline industry.
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Nothing short of ordinary

My Photo
Name:
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan




ARCHIVES
November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger