Villenke
28 November 2005
  Cyber Monday
I suppose that this has been going on for a while, but this is the first year that I can remember so much press about Cyber Monday. Of course, I only learned of Black Friday last year so maybe I just never payed any attention to such before.

I must say that I did do the majority of my shopping in regular "brick-and-morter" stores this year. But to finish my shopping for my wife I had to go online. This is not really a big deal since I do a pretty good amount of online shopping all the time. The biggest drawback to the online gift shopping when you live with someone else is that you most tell them something will be coming and that they cannot open it. It does add some excitement, but it may also give them too many clues. Once, I went so far as to have the gift delivered to a friend's so that there would be nothing known.

Blog alert: "how i met your mother" will be on at 8:30pm on CBS.

We also just watched "Batman Begins". I would rate it quite high. Does a very good job of beginning, as the name implies, the Batman story. Sure, they throw in the Katie Holmes character as simple eye candy - her role is rather pointless and adds very little to the whole. Bale does the best job as Batman since Keaton, and maybe better. Biggest complaint: they once again show the scene of the Wayne's death...this was covered in "Batman" and personally I do not think we need to keep reinventing it. BTW it was crazy seeing Neeson as a bad guy.

I have decided on a beer to brew. After looking through my clone books and other resources I decided to simply make somthing up. Yes, it is a bit daring but after a while it is time to walk on your own. I am hoping that either this weekend or next I will find the time to make a batch of Bock style beer. I have als decided on a name. It will be known as, "Bock Your Brains Out."
 
Comments:
Good luck with the Bock. Too bad it won't be ready in time for Thanksmas... maybe New Years though!
 
Mmmmm, beer. Are you going for a pale bock? Or more of a traditional? I've had a couple that were almost amber, and they were pretty good. Sadly, I probably won't get to try this batch. Oh and while Susan is not a beer fan, I'm sure she'll like your punny title.
 
I may put the Bock on hold for a week so that I can brew the "Saucy Winter Ale". It will be spiced with ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and orange peels.

They should both be ready for New Year's.

The Bock will on the darker side of amber and should pack an alcoholic punch.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Nothing short of ordinary

My Photo
Name:
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan




ARCHIVES
November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger